Solar Flux Type B is a powder that can be mixed with alcohol (methanol preferred). Its shelf life is infinite in its dry powder state. This flux is unaffected by freezing. It has no flash point and is non-explosive. Two ounces of Solar Flux Type B, properly mixed and applied, covers 80 linear feet of joints. Solar Flux Type B can be used on stainless steel and high chromium alloys.
- Solar Flux is proprietary blended complex chemical compound in the form of a very fine powder.
- Application is simply mixed with alcohol (methanol/methyl alcohol preferred) and brushed on the weld joint.
- Formulated to shield the back of the weld joint from oxygen, dissipate heat and unwanted oxides and to clean the surface of the metal
- Aids in the flow of filler metal over base metal to form a protective barrier to prevent re-oxidation and heat scale
- Type B is best used for welding stainless steel
- Not recommended for 309 and 310 precipitation hardening steels, chrome-moly steels and other alloy steels with nickel content below 25%
- Activity range of 2000°F - 2900°F (1093°C - 1593°C)
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Solar Type B powder welding flux in 1lb can
- 1 Year
|Active Temperature Range||2000°F-2900°F (1093°C-1593°C)|
|Shelf Life||Infinite in its dry powder state|
|Size||1 lb. can|